Are you looking for a long-term career option that can offer progression within Purchasing? Would you like to work for a successful and innovative business? Then look no further, REED in Teesside may have the answer….
REED Business Support are delighted to be working with a creative and corporate business in Darlington, County Durham on the appointment of a full time, permanent Purchasing Assistant to join their well-established Purchasing team.
This is a newly created role joining a friendly Purchasing team in a fun, family feel business environment. My client are offering this role on a full-time, permanent basis.
The working hours are Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30.
20 days holiday + BH
There is also a hugely exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to have the opportunity to progress within the Purchasing department as you will be working directly for the Purchasing Manager and the Stock Controller.
• This role reports into the Purchasing Manager and would also support the Stock Controller
• General filing
• Answering calls and dealing with any queries
• Accepting delivery of stock items on a daily basis
• Liaising with customers, placing orders and following up order queries
• Inputting orders
• Checking and confirming order confirmations
• Updating spreadsheets, matching paperwork
• Booking in stock before close of business each day
• Chasing samples from suppliers
• Arranging photography for online product ranges
• Checking customer web sites regularly to make sure that all new products have been added to clients ranges
• Help stock controller with any warehouse/ stock issues
• Spend time sourcing products for clients at better prices to help build profit for the business or making suggestions of Inhouse products.
• Work on future projects with Purchasing Manager
The ideal candidate will have/be:
• Must have purchasing experience ideally from a retail background
• Proficient in Microsoft and Excel
• Strong communication and numerical skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Analytical mindset
• Pro active
• Team Player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Friendly, positive attitude
• Eye for detail
• Aware of own development requirements and actively seeks development opportunities
This really is a unique and exciting Purchasing opportunity - please do not hesitate in applying! Interviews able to take place w/c Monday 15th February!