I am currently working with a young and vibrant Not For Profit Organisation who are currently looking for a Purchase Ledger Specialist to come on and join their finance team. This candidate needs to have have worked within this role in a sole capacity in their previous position and also working within a Not For Profit Organisation. With a great benefits package this is not an opportunity to miss out on!
- Process invoices and expense claims in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring that they are appropriately coded and authorised
- Process the weekly BACS payment run and foreign payment run, entering bank details as necessary.
- Reconcile the bank accounts on a weekly basis.
- Prepare a simple cashflow forecast to ensure that sufficient funds are held to cover short term needs.
- Regularly review the Aged Creditors listing and action as necessary to resolve any outstanding balances .
- Ensure that documentation is filed correctly both electronically and in paper form.
- Investigate any incorrectly coded and authorised invoices and expense claims with payment requesters and/ or authorisers/ budget holders as appropriate .
- Ensure that expense claims are made in accordance with the approved travel policy.
- Ensure awareness of compliance requirements by different funders and ensure that expenditure is line with those requirements.
- Ensure that company credit card claims are up-to-date and correctly approved and processed.
- Respond to queries concerning invoicing, expense claims and payments.
- Provide sufficient information as required for trade credit applications and other basic queries as appropriate.
- Support the use of purchase order, including following-up on differences and unused PO numbers.
- Consider how improvements can be made to procedures for processing transactions, reporting and any other issues which would contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness