Reed Accountancy Brighton are seeking an immediately available purchase ledger professional for a contract position in Littlehampton.
This role is responsible for the general administration of vendor accounts payable, ensuring invoices are processed and paid accurately on a timely basis, while maintaining high standards of customer focus and service.
- Responsible for processing/parking vendor invoices and credit notes
- Responsible for follow up of parked invoices/credit notes
- Responsible for processing one-time vendor, customer refunds, debit memos and any authorised vendor account adjustments
- Responsible for performing vendor statement reconciliations and proactively resolving identified discrepancies
- Responsible for clearing and other entries in the vendor ledger, such as direct debits and down payments
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in a finance environment
- Experience of working in an FMCG/Retail environment
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office, intermediate excel is essential
- Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent organisational skills combined with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to resolve problems with a resilient disposition
- Proven experience of working to tight deadlines and being able to prioritise multiple tasks