Reed are currently working with a Local Education Authority for a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a full time basis. This role is a permanent position, paying up to £24,461. The Business is located on the outskirts of the centre of Leeds with a small finance team of 4. This role will be reporting directly into the Head of Finance.
This position will initially be working 4 days from home and 1 day in the office (9AM-5PM).
To process all Purchase Invoices; matching with orders/delivery notes. Ensure authorisation in accordance with financial procedures. Investigate discrepancies with budget holders and suppliers.
Match and post invoices onto the system. To monitor invoices awaiting approval, resolve discrepancies and ensure payment is made in line with payment terms. Update as approved for payment when authorisation is received.
- To monitor unmatched purchase orders and invoices not returned and action as instructed by the Head of Finance.
- To produce month end Purchase Ledger Reports and reconcile to control accounts.
- To advise the Head of Finance of potential prepayments and accruals.
- To produce electronic payment documentation including Payments BACS file and email remittance advice notes in line with monthly timetable.
- To allocate cash payments and credit notes.
- To maintain filing systems for orders and invoices.
- To maintain a file of supplier statements and perform reconciliations, at least weekly or immediately if urgent.
- To deal with Budget holders queries and rectify where possible.
- Check and process staff Travel and Subsistence Claims in conjunction with Financial Procedures.
- Must have extensive experience working in an end to end Purchase Ledger position!
- Must have facilities to work from home