Reed Accountancy are working with an exciting business in Worksop who are a national organisation. The organisation is very well respected and offers genuine career progression.
The team are looking for a Trainee Accounts Assistant/Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the team that specialise in Accounts Payable queries.
This position is suitable for graduates, AAT students or those with limited accounting experience looking to develop.
- £19,000 salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Study Support after 1 years service
Main Purpose Of Role:
To undertake day-today- clerical tasks of the Purchase Ledger Department. Process supplier documentation from raising orders through to posting of invoices and process staff expenses in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Opening and scanning the incoming mail
- Raising of department orders e.g stationary, lease and servicing orders for photocopiers, printers, scanners and fax machines
- Enveloping of remittance advices and other documents
- Validate travel expense claims, calculating appropriate VAT to assist in enabling VAT return completion and identifying PSA and pass to the appropriate person for calculating to ensure statutory requirements are met
- Input of expenses onto the accounting system to enable accurate and timely payments to be made
- Deal with expense enquiries in a courteous and professional manner
- Match supplier invoices to goods received and orders, and process none purchase order invoices for accurate payment
- Complete major supplier statement reconciliations, including intercompany to validate creditor position
- Answer supplier and internal customer queries so that processes run smoothly
- Investigate aged GRNI discrepancies to validate the accuracy of the GRNI accrual
- Assist in resolving Debit Balances
- Complete any other tasks required within Purchase Ledger
- Fully participate in the lean sigma six programme which operates within the team, including communication cells.