My client is a family owned engineering business and are looking for a purchase ledger clerk to join their accounts team.
They are a fun and friendly bunch based in a beautiful part of the south west and interested in meeting those with AP experience but also those with additional accounting skills.
The salary offered will be based on experience and would suit someone between Western-Super-Mare and Bridgwater along the M5 corridor.
Hours are Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm but they will be flexible on these. Parking is included also.
Reporting to the financial controller your responsibilities will include:
- Registering invoices/credit on a daily basis
- Process a large volume of invoices
- Supplier statement reconciliation including chasing up on missing invoices/credits
- Enter purchases on to their bespoke system
- Biweekly payment runs
- Process expense claims
- Month end preparation - prepayments, invoicing, assisting with tasks up to trial balance with the Management Accountant
The ideal you
- Ability to organise and prioritise a demanding workload and meet deadlines.
- Excel (pivot tables essential) and MS Office skills.
- Proven experience covering the tasks outlined above.
- Working towards an accounting qualification such as AAT desirable
- Hard working
- Team Player
- Willingness to learn
- Positive manner and outlook
- Comfortable with Microsoft Packages
- Methodical, disciplined & self-driven
If this sounds like the position you are looking for APPLY NOW and I’ll be in touch as soon as I can.