I am urgently seeking an experienced purchase ledger assistant for a key client of mine based in central Redhill, Surrey. The role is available immediately so someone on short notice would be an advantage.
Reporting to the purchase ledger supervisor you will be required to work on a small team to process all aspects of the purchase ledger.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure supplier statements are reconciled before Purchase Ledger close each month (in particular group supplier ledgers)
- Liaise with General Ledger Team to ensure completeness & accuracy before Purchase Ledger close each month
- Invoice registration and scanning
- Invoice processing following POF matching or other authorisation process
- Monthly Supplier Statement requests and reconciliations
Bank payments & reconciliation
- Prepare supplier payment runs (x 4)
- EFACS entry of purchase ledger payments
- EFACS entry of cashbook payments
- Weekly bank reconciliation of EFACS bank accounts (x 4)
- Review expense claims for completeness of supporting receipts, mileage rates correctly used and forms authorised appropriately
- Production of weekly expenses summary for authorisation
- Liaise with all departments and subsidiaries to resolve queries in a timely manner and report any queries that are not resolved within expected timeframes
Experience/Knowledge and skills:
- Proven experience working in FMCG
- Commercial, with evidence of the ability to deliver required support.
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data against key indicators, to monitor programmes, projects and plans to achieve targets.
- Proficiency using key software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet financial targets
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
In return you will receive a competitive salary ranging from £22,000- £25,000 based on experience. This company also include excellent benefits as outlined below:
Bonus – 8% of annual salary, based on the achievement of both personal (50%) and company (50%) objectives
Pension – employer contribution 6%, employee has to match
Private medical – single cover
Death in service – 4 x annual salary
26 days holiday
Please apply for immediate consideration