Your Next Role
A brilliant opportunity has arose with our rapidly expanding client in Leighton Buzzard. The position is a Purchase Ledger based Accounts Assistant role, reporting into the Finance Director, taking control of the end to end Purchase Ledger process and providing support to other tasks.
- Invoicing, PO's, delivery notes, statement reconciliations, setting up new suppliers, Bacs payments, and entries onto Sage.
- Managing queries with budget holders and to monitor and control spending in the company.
- Aged creditors management, payment allocation and control of creditors to ensure issues are promptly addressed.
- Interaction with sales teams to ensure rechargeable purchase/costs are monitored and captured with sales invoicing
- Assisting and providing cover for expenses processing.
- Assisting with HR admin duties and other team members on workload/holiday cover, specifically sales ledger
- Ad hoc reporting and other duties as instructed by FD
Your Experience and Skillset
- Experience in the construction industry is ideal but not essential
- Completed, or working towards, the AAT qualification (again, not essential if you have the relevant experience)
- Analytical and reconciliation experience
- Understanding of accounting principals for invoice processing and VAT
- Experience with Sage is desirable
- Good levels of competency across Microsoft Excel
- Not phased by a busy, expanding and successful team environment
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with great communication skills