I am urgently seeking an experienced Purchase Ledger assistant for a key client of mine based on the outskirts of Leatherhead (Transport required due to location). You will report to the Accountant and the role is available on a temporary basis but they will consider you for the role in a permanent basis also. The role is available following a restructure and merge between two sites.
Main duties include:
• Recording purchase invoices and credit notes.
• Seeking authorisation from budget holders across both sites for all purchase invoices.
• Checking invoices are coded correctly.
• Liaising with Catering Manager for breakdown of catering costs.
• Reviewing aged creditor listing regularly to ensure payments are processed on a timely basis.
• Processing all authorised invoices on the Accounts system, Sage 200.
• Preparing weekly BACS runs for payment of invoices.
• Filing all paid purchase invoices.
• Processing staff expense claims as above.
• Sending remittance advices to suppliers.
• Reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis.
• Maintaining accurate supplier details on Sage 200.
• Reconciling and posting credit card transactions.
• Dealing with suppliers and general purchase ledger queries.
Other duties as required by the Accountant or Director of Finance, including:
• Summaries and analysis of data for management information purposes.
• Assistance with the preparation of information for the external auditors.
Benefits include if you turn permanent:
- Free on site parking
- 14% employer pension contribution
- Free lunch onsite
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Sage experience and short length notices will be advantageous. If you are interested please apply for immediate consideration. The role will pay £22,000- £25,000 depending on experience.