Reed are currently working with a Local Education Authority for a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a full time basis. This role is a permanent position, paying up to £24000. The Business is located centrally in the heart of Leeds With a small finance team of 4. This role will be reporting directly into the Head of Finance.
The main purpose of the role is to carry out a range of duties as designated by the Head of Finance and be responsible for the University’s Purchase Ledger and Purchase Ordering System in accordance with University financial procedures.
Main tasks include:
· To process all Purchase Invoices; matching with orders/delivery notes. Ensure authorisation in accordance with University financial procedures. Investigate discrepancies with budget holders and suppliers.
· Match and post invoices onto the system. To update as approved for payment when authorisation is received.
· To monitor unmatched purchase orders and invoices not returned and action as instructed by the Head of Finance.
· To produce month end Purchase Ledger Reports and reconcile to control accounts.
· To advise the Head of Finance of potential prepayments and accruals.
· To produce electronic payment documentation including email remittance advice notes.
· To allocate cash payments and credit notes.
· To maintain filing systems for orders and invoices.
· To maintain a file of supplier statements and perform reconciliations, at least weekly or immediately if urgent.
· To deal with Budget holders queries and rectify where possible.
· Check and process staff Travel and Subsistence Claims in conjunction with Financial Procedures.
· To perform Finance Inductions for new members of staff.
· To assist other members of the Finance Department and be prepared to answer queries as they occur.
· To accept, and action promptly, suppliers’ queries by telephone or letter
25 days + Bank Holidays + Closure days
Very Generous Holiday package
Ideally would like a candidate to start Mid July to allow a handover with the current Purchase Ledger.