My client is a leading charity organisation based in Lurgan, who are currently seeking an experienced Finance & Governance Compliance officer to join their team.
This is a temporary, full-time position until the end of March 2020 – with an immediate start - (has the possibility to be extended thereafter)
Hours of Work: Monday – Thursday: 09.00 am – 17.00 pm and Friday: 09.00 am – 16.30 pm (37 hours per week)
The key purpose of this role is to support monitoring and compliance of the charity sector. This involves the annual monitoring of registered charities and the review of charity accounts.
• Analyse charity accounts and annual returns as well as assisting with the financial aspects of investigations to verify compliance with stated charitable purposes and reporting on unfit conduct.
• Assist in development and manage the annual monitoring programme to include issuing of monitoring forms, workflow development and caseload management.
• Provide compliance support to charities, preventive monitoring and follow up action which may include investigations and issuing of formal directions or orders to ensure good governance and to secure proper application of charitable assets
• Keep abreast of the latest accounting standards and best practice which have an impact on the sector, for example, SORP
• Assist in providing technical input and guidance materials to improve compliance with accounting requirements and increase
• Third level qualification in a relevant discipline or part qualified accountant
• Ability to interpret annual reports and accounts
• Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload.
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to maintain and develop systems and processes.
• High degree of computer literacy including the use of Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal – with the ability to communicate with Main Duties and Responsibilities:
If interested please send an updated CV via the link below to Gerard Flynn – REED Belfast 02890330812