Public Sector Accountant – Permanent
£37,272 - £40,979
Role: Corporate Accountant, Full time, permanent.
Reed Finance is working in close partnership with a public body in Belfast City Centre to appoint and experienced & fully qualified Corporate Accountant on a permanent basis.
Based in the heart of Belfast (with parking!), this is an interesting and varied role and the successful candidate will be working within a particularly nice team of finance professionals.
- Preparation of Statutory Annual Accounts, and liaison with NIAO to facilitate the Audit
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of the Body’s financial systems and ledgers
- Design and implementation of all systems, controls and processes to manage the financial ledgers
- Review of all Control and Bank Reconciliations
- European Funding - Manage Peace and Interreg administration budget for the organisation
- Prepare and submit cash requirement forecasts
- Oversee quarterly expenditure claim preparation and submission
- Act as point of contact/liaison in all procurement matters relating to the Body
- Provide advice on Corporate Governance within the organisation
- Provide a full Secretariat function for the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
- Liaise with Internal Audit in respect of annual audit plan and individual audits
- Management of the Corporate Finance Team, with specific line management responsibility for the Finance Officer
- Provision of ad hoc support and advice to CEO, Directors and Managers across the organisation on both financial and non-financial issues
- Input to the strategy, management and direction of the Body through constructive input to the Management Team.
All applicants should be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent.
You will need: Post qualification financial management experience, a minimum of two years gained in public, private, voluntary or community sectors, or in professional practice.
You must demonstrate experience in the setting and controlling of budgets.
You must demonstrate experience in the preparation of statutory accounts to audit stage and liaising with internal/external auditors.
You must demonstrate experience in establishing appropriate management information systems.
You will offer experience of Management of Staff & ideally have access to transport.
Please note that there is a strict, time governed application process for this role which requires a part-written application to be received no later than January 3rd 2020.
This role will interview on 17th January 2020.
For more information on this role please call Laurence Jago at Reed Finance, apply via this link or alternatively contact me via LinkedIn.