We are actively looking for an experienced company accountant to assist in managing the day – day accounting requirements. This position is part time, 22 hours a week over 3 days.
The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Main duties will include;
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes as well as preparing end of year and director self-assessments.
- Invoice our clients considering CIS deductions and part invoices.
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Sage.
• Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
• Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations