Location is London
The department and role
The individual will take immediate responsibility for the management of their own properties and projects. This role offers first-rate prospects for a confident, enthusiastic, committed individual.
In addition, with the potential to expanding the client base, the individual will be tasked with achieving objectives set out in the department’s business plans and beyond.
There is a supporting team of facilities managers, building managers and our 24hr tenant Helpdesk. The role will require liaison with the full complement of property management staff across the business as well as staff across other business lines such as agency, lease advisory, building consultancy and investment agency.
- Taking responsibility for some of their own clients and helping serve other clients
- Providing high quality Property Management services
- Liaising with the clients, their solicitors and tenants on a daily basis
- Preparing reports for and leading client meetings
- Identifying and undertaking asset management initiatives under supervision
- Advising the client in respect of tenancy applications and controlling the licence process
- Instructing and liaising with facilities managers and building consultants in respect of repairs and planned maintenance programmes
- Carrying out regular property inspections
- Management of Lease / Tenancy Schedules
- Liaising with Facilities Managers in respect of service charge budgeting and reporting and undertaking regular service charge expenditure monitoring and reporting
- Liaising with the client accounting team on production of annual service charge budgets, approving reconciliations, rent raising reports etc.
- Management of income arrears and recovery (supported by a dedicated credit controller), invoice approvals, setting up new properties, maintaining the property database, updating the Helpdesk and Tramps, etc
- Preparing revenue budgets and quarterly forecast reporting with the support of a qualified accountant and finance department assistance
- Facilitating regular tenant meetings with strong occupier engagement skills
- Due diligence for acquisition and disposals
- Attendance at team and department meetings
- Providing line manager responsibility (where applicable) within the team
Essential qualifications & experience
- Strong experience within a commercial property management department
- Proven experience of direct reporting to property management clients
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Managing lease events, rent reviews and expiries
- Making recommendations on tenant applications
- Sound Landlord and Tenant knowledge.
- Property Management Accounting knowledge – statements of account, service charges, VAT, arrears recovery, etc
- Degree level qualification
- RICS qualified or equivalent work experience
- Previous use of Tramps or Horizon property accounting packages
Excellent written and verbal communication, with a high level of attention to detail
Pro-active “can do” approach – a good team worker
Client facing and committed
Confident in ability to work autonomously – uses initiative / self starter
Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
Professional and presentable
Enthusiastic, reliable, flexible and friendly
Full clean driving licence