Project Workers Required! - Supporting young people near Linton/Haverhill
Our Client is a Residential Home and School, set in a quiet location, just outside of Cambridge, for up to 16 vulnerable teenage males, between the ages of 14-19. For a minimum of 2 years, each resident follows a programme of integrated care, therapy and education.
Due to the Care Provision Regulations regarding the nature of the work we do, applicants must be 25 years or over.
Due to our rural location, a current Driving Licence and access to transport is essential.
Salary (dependent on relevant qualifications) ranges between £22,389-£23,118
About the role:
- Working alongside the young people in the residential setting, to support them in their everyday life and prepare them for independent living, by developing their life skills such as budgeting, health and wellbeing etc.
- To act as a Key Worker, delivering high standards of support to designated Residents, ensuring their physical, psychological, emotional and recreational development needs are met.
- To support a daily activities programme, which includes: education, sporting activities, hobbies; as well as off-site activities, including: days out and residential holidays.
- To enter, with enthusiasm, into the life and culture of the Community, including participation in those events and celebrations that reflect the dynamism and positivity of the company and take an active part in Community Meetings
- Act as a role model and encourage positive behaviours to motivate, support and inspire the Residents during their treatment programme.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma Children and Young Persons or equivalent - Desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence - Essential
- Flexibility to work shifts, including: weekends, evenings and sleep-ins - Essential
- Genuine commitment to working and supporting Young People to achieve their full potential
- The ability to cope effectively with challenging behaviour
- An ability to liaise and negotiate sensitively, tactfully and diplomatically at all levels
- Opportunity to study NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care
- Fixed 2 week shift pattern
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for career progression
- Free meals provided whilst on duty
- Residential holidays
- Training and development
If this role sounds like it could be for you, please click 'Apply Now' and we will be in touch to discuss your application!