We are looking for Waking Nights Assistant (Support Worker) for a service for vulnerable services users who may have links to homelessness, violence, mental health and substance misuse. You will be working in a hostel/residential enviroment. Experience in this area is advantageous.
These are temporary positions, which will be on either be a shift or rota basis. Positions are paying from £9.20 per hour.
> To assist in the delivery of support and security to clients of our supported schemes.
> Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
> To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice’ in the social housing field.
> Work proactively with clients to achieving their personalised support outcomes.
1. Have an awareness of the clients groups support needs, and contribute as directed to the
delivery their agreed outcomes.
2. Implementing night security systems, ensuring overall safety and security of the scheme.
3. Meeting the requirements of health and safety policies and practices.
4. Effectively dealing with anti-social behaviour.
5. Maintain high standards of cleanliness within schemes, preparation of rooms and site
6. Effective recording of information including adding updates to the Support database.
7. Implementing policies and procedures to ensure effective service delivery.
8. Ensuring culture and diversity issues have been considered across the client group and to
tackle any forms of discrimination, adhering to equality and diversity procedures.
9. Promote and encourage a high level of client involvement, consultation and communication.
10. Assisting service users with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent and other scheme
11. Using IT systems appropriately.
12. Responds to faults as discovered.
13. Advises management promptly of any signs of problems or concerns about a client.
14. Encourages clients to contribute and take ownership of support/care plans.
15. To work, under direction, supporting clients to help them achieve their agreed outcomes.