This role will provide you with an interesting and supported introduction to Project Management. As a Project Support Officer, you will be responsible for a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the project's objectives. You will help to support the smooth running of the project by assisting the operation of project management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities on behalf of the project team. You will be expected to support the project manager with activities such as communication across the business, maintenance of central project records and production of regular management reports.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specific duties of the role may vary depending on the project and project team structure
- Planning and scheduling – Assist with and maintain appropriate systems to enable effective planning and scheduling. Experience of organising teams, establishing processes and working to deadlines.
- Monitoring and reporting – Assist in maintaining project controls and in producing project reports.
- Admin – Responsible for project file management using robust version control. Organise key project meetings, and provide secretariat support using Microsoft Office tools
- Resources – Management of staff as appropriate, including their development.
- Stakeholder – Assist with maintaining the stakeholder log for internal and external stakeholders. Act as the focal point for project responses to external requests for information.
- Financial control – Assist with the monitor of project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets. Maintains an accurate asset register for the project.
- Risks and Issues – Assist with and maintain risk and issue logs, escalating as appropriate.