One of the largest local authority based in London are looking to recruit a Project Officer to join their growing team on a 6 months contract (possibility of further extensions). It is a full-time role Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. The role will be work from home until further notice.
Purpose of the role:
To assist the Energy Capital Projects Manager to successfully deliver the Detail Design stage of the Green Smart Community Integrated Energy Systems (GreenSCIES) project, which focuses on environmental management, fuel poverty, environmental equality and value for money, by undertaking research, project management and other related activities.
Candidates do not need to necessarily have the energy background within project management, but it would be desirable. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong report writing skills in order to be considered.
- To liaise and develop effective partnerships, within the Council and with external organisations, to enable the effective delivery of GreenSCIES.
- To attend all relevant meetings to the successful delivery of the activities that are responsibility of the Council as a GreenSCIES partner.
- To produce agendas, minutes and reports of meetings.
- To produce relevant progress reports and presentations to Innovate UK , the Council and other relevant groups.
- To keep track of the time spent by Council staff on GreenSCIES, to process the relevant claims to Innovate UK and ensure the funds are received into the Energy Services budget.
- To participate in and conduct GreenSCIES related activities, workshops and presentations representing the Council and to deputise for the Energy Capital Projects Manager when required.
- To manage the overall GrreenSCIES project program for the Council, liaising directly with the GreenSCIES Project Manager and Director.
- To engage, assist with procurement and manage relevant external contractors for specific GreenSCIES related activities.
- To be aware of and advise on relevant energy related legislation and other technical documents or developments and to produce responses to consultations.
- To possess high quality written skills and the ability to communicate well with all parties involved in the project using both oral and written techniques appropriate to the audience being reached.
If you have the required experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.