My client, an international development agency, are looking to recruit a Project Officer to support incoming projects
- Do you have experience of contract management and administering project finances - invoicing, budgeting?
- Are you a confident and open communicator?
- Do you have strong experience with Microsoft Excel?
- Are you available for a 1 year fixed term contract with the possibility of a permanent opportunity?
If you can answer YES to these questions, please apply or contact me directly at email@example.com
The Project Officer is part of the programmes management team and will contribute to the smooth running of their projects by:
- Processing project timesheets and expense claims from staff and external consultants;
- Generating timely and accurate invoices to clients;
- Maintaining accurate financial reporting including actuals and forecasts;
- Reviewing contracts and amendments from clients;
- Being a key point of contact to external colleagues (including clients, partner organisations, and external consultants) on logistical, contractual and financial issues relating to projects;
- Supporting staff and consultants travelling for the organisation, including preparing travel approval paperwork, drafting risk assessments, and logistical support;
- Preparing project management and financial updates, including the project risk register, for project managers, the Head of Programmes, and Executive Management
- Demonstrable experience of administering project finances.
- Demonstrable experience of contractual management and manual invoicing processes.
- Highly IT literate with strong experience of working with Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable interest and experience in project management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- A strong team player.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience of working with project management or professional services automation platforms including Salesforce.com applications.
- Experience in designing and implementing processes and procedures.
- Fluency in other languages.
This is a Project Officer/Administrator level role and would not suit someone who is an experienced Project Co-Ordinator or Manager.
If you want to work in a supportive and enjoyable environment for a company that runs weekly social activities, has an approachable senior leadership team and plenty of attractive benefits then this is for you.
Interviews to take place in February 2021 with a start date planned for March 2021.