My client a public services organisation based in Oxford have an excellent opening for for a temporary Project Manager. This role is required to undertake a series of connected projects that will support the future achievement of business growth and service efficiencies, known as the Business Growth and Service Efficiency Programme. The role will be looking to pay £185- £250 per day PAYE plus holiday and will run until end of August initially. The role will be mixture of home working and also travel twice a week to Oxford sites.
Role responsibilities and main duties
• The delivery of effective and transparent governance of a range of connected change projects.
• Management of appropriate monitoring and control activities are in place in order to ensure that each project and work stream is achieving the agreed outcomes in each phase of delivery through to completion.
• Facilitate effective risk management across the project portfolio by taking responsibility for identifying and escalating risks and issues through PMO and corporate risk register in line with the corporate risk framework, working collaboratively with the Leadership Team and colleagues across the business to mitigate these effectively.
• Establish and maintain effective governance for each project ensuring alignment of related activities and processes
• Ensure quality management standards are set and managed across each project, focusing attention on the business’s capability to realise its goals, and escalating any threats to achieving them
• Support the Assistant Director, Corporate Services and Director of HR and OD in overseeing the project plans in order to ensure that the programme is implemented in such a way as to maximise the benefits realised and ensure integrity
• Develop stakeholder communication plans for each project with both the marketing and internal communications team
• Carry out regular monitoring and reporting on project budgets v. expenditure and ensuring all benefits are captured and recorded
• Lead on lessons learned activities from each phase of the project delivery, capturing and sharing with the Leadership team to support future projects
• Recent relevant experience of managing a series of connected projects relating to business efficiency and commercialisation
• Detailed Knowledge of relevant industry best practice
• Demonstrates active continuous learning in project management methodologies
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent IT Skills - Confident user of MS Project, SharePoint, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and visual mapping tool skills
• Experience of delivering a concurrent portfolio of complex projects., demonstrating familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
• Demonstrable experience of effective budget management and capturing business benefits
• Experience of managing conflicting and competing priorities effectively utilising excellent analytical and decision-making skills demonstrating the ability to 'standalone'.
• Solid planning and resource management experience
• PRINCE2 Practitioner or equivalent qualification
If you have the necessary skill set, please apply online today.