A Large UK Public Sector Organisation are currently seeking a Project Manager (PIE Auditor Registration) to join their organisation based in the City of London in a permanent role with a salary of £85,648 and an excellent benefits package.
We have recently set up our Audit Firm Supervision (AFS) function to enhance our forward-looking supervision of audit firms and increase our focus on identifying and prioritising what they need to do to improve audit quality and to hold them accountable for delivering it. Within AFS, Supervisors lead on our liaison and oversight of each firm, culminating in an annual public report and a detailed supervisory letter setting out the actions we expect that firm to take.
We are seeking to build a team to develop and implement our process for PIE auditor registration. The AFS Project Manager will lead on the design, launch and ongoing operation of this new system to support the role of the Supervisors and oversight of the largest audit firms.
The role involves:
- Leading the implementation and ongoing management of the new PIE auditor registration regime.
- Monitoring and reviewing the ongoing registration of firms and individuals that are authorised to conduct PIE audits and make decisions/recommendations where necessary.
- Responding appropriately to intelligence received relating to firms and individuals authorised to conduct PIE audits.
- Working with Supervisors to ensure consistency of approach, sharing of knowledge and experience, and quality of key outputs in relation to registration of PIE audit firms.
- Preparing and presenting reports and management information to Supervisors, the Supervision Division and committees.
- Working closely with external stakeholders to deliver an effective and efficient decision-making process.
- Supporting the development and growth of the Audit Firm Supervision team and wider Supervision department.
This role will suit a highly motivated individual with experience working in the audit and/or regulatory sector. The ideal candidates will have:
- Extensive experience of work in the regulatory sector or similar.
- A good awareness and understanding of the audit profession: the main participants in the PIE audit market, firms’ operating models, their processes, and financial and economic drivers.
- Relatively recent audit experience.
- Experience of leading on the development and implementation of new internal operational processes, including case management software.
- Experience of managing a large volume of casework.
- Experience of working in an environment where priorities may change, championing a positive attitude and taking responsibility for implementation and continuous improvement.
- Experience of identifying risks and making proportionate decisions to mitigate them.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to listen, assess and assimilate others’ perspectives, concerns and proposals openly and to convey persuasively to the organisation’s perspectives, concerns and proposals.
- The ability to write compelling but concise reports in plain English.
- IT literate: comfortable using/interrogating online systems to input, extract and analyse data.