This is a temporary post within the Major Infrastructure Team which leads the Local Authorities thinking on transport policies and major projects.
As Project Officer you will be working with colleagues from within the council, other public and private sector organisations, commissioned consultants, Highways England and Rail and Bus operators to deliver successful bids for major highway and transport schemes and develop them to a point where detailed design and construction can be passed to the delivery team.
You will work with a range of stakeholders including senior managers, Members, developers and infrastructure providers to coordinate and deliver projects and lead on the design, organising and attending public consultation / exhibitions to seek stakeholder consensus on projects and transport policy and strategy.
The post holder will be a highway and transport engineer and /or transport planner with experience of managing regeneration and place programmes and projects and will act as project / programme manager for one or more schemes to manage the diverse activities that contribute to the successful delivery of major projects of this nature.
We are looking for talented people to join our ambitious, creative, and highly collaborative team. We want to hear from you if you have:
- Wide ranging experience of leading pre-feasibility work, ranging from area- wide transport / economic and master planning to corridor investment strategies
- Have a working knowledge of the Five Case Model (HM Treasury Green Book) assurance process.
- Excellent understanding of highway, sustainable transport and town centre regeneration principles and practices.
- Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to a wide range of complex projects or programmes including financial management of projects / programmes.
- Substantial practical or professional experience and understanding of this specialist area and proven problem-solving skills with the capacity to devise and implement innovative solutions
- Proven ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Comprehensive knowledge of computerised business systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong interpersonal, organisational and negotiation skills along with good programme and project management experience.
The role involves partnership working across the Leeds City Region and establishing professional relationships with partner organisations. Hence, applicants should have good communication and networking skills.
This position is inside IR35 and is likely to run till August 2021 but could be extended