- Do you have experience project managing large scale health or public-sector related projects with defined targets?
- Do you have experience producing high impact project plans to predict, identify and resolve problems that are critical to the running of the project?
- Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills, monitoring third party vendors to contractual KPI's?
- Do you have previous line management experience?
If you can answer YES to these then I need to hear from you!!!
Please call me to discuss this role in further detail - Simon Lambert - 0207 939 7303
My client is a Cancer Prevention Trials Unit based in London, specialising in research to advance cancer prevention, early diagnosis and screening.
About the role:
They are looking for an enthusiastic project manager to join the team for an exciting new cancer early detection study in 2021.
Supporting the Clinical Project Manager, you will lead on all aspects of project management of clinical research support services required for the NHS research study of a multi-cancer early detection test.
Over 700,000 people across England will be invited to receive a novel CE-marked, blood test for the presence of over 50 cancers. You will support the setup and delivery of the project in close coordination key stakeholders.
You will have a strong interest and knowledge of health innovation and health service delivery, and experience of delivering health research projects. You will have excellent organisational and planning skills with an intrinsic interest in improving the health and well-being of communities through translational research and evidence-based innovation.
Integral to project delivery, is the successful management of a range of clinical research support services including:
- National mobile phlebotomy provision
- Large scale participant communications including appointment provision and direct letter communications
The post holder will ensure that these services are set-up, managed and decommissioned according to contractual specifications, best practice and on time. You will be a project management expert, engaging with team members and third party providers to manage a complex, busy and diverse project workplan.
- act as the main study focal point for logistics related to clinical research support, manage the effective roll-out of the trial across multiple regions in England
- line manage a team of coordinators/administrators to deliver on participant recruitment targets whilst following research regulations and good practices
- with clinical input from the trial’s clinical research nursing team, oversee the team responsible for participant communications, scheduling, and follow-up
- act as on-the-ground managerial contact for research sites recruiting participants at mobile units including for facilities trouble-shooting and participant well-being issues analyse and review performance targets, and other deliverables and take relevant action to achieve study milestones
- provide ad hoc project management support to Sponsor as required in relation to supplies and samples management
This post is currently home-working in response to COVID-19. The post holder will also be required to provide a weekend on-call service or fully work on a weekend day on a rota basis during busy periods. Extra hours will be paid as overtime in addition to the stated salary. For this reason, the post holder must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.