A Project Manager is required for our public sector client in Sheffield. This will be for an initial 3 month period and is to support projects around IT infrastructure changes.
Our client is currently undertaking a project to migrate applications between hosting environments, from an existing supplier to a combination of their own infrastructure and to Azure. Our client has a supplier procured to undertake the migration activity along with the in-house IT team. This role will require a strong Project Manager to co-ordinate activity across both sets of resources.
- Significant experience of managing IT projects
- Supplier management to ensure strong relationships are established to facilitate delivery of products within time, cost and quality
- Excellent project planning skills, working collaboratively utilising different approaches and strategies to ensure effective scheduling
- Ability to plan and facilitate workshops engendering contribution and ownership of solutions
- Ability to handle conflict, demonstrating a positive and confident approach to resolve issues in a constructive way.
- Familiarity and experience with Azure Site Recovery or equivalent migration services
- Excellent IT awareness, knowledge of IT processes and best practice
- Experience of managing and influencing key stakeholder relationships
- Experience of managing dependencies and links between projects in a complex environment
- Experience of planning, monitoring and controlling projects effectively
- Experience of motivating, developing and managing staff through matrix management.
- Apply challenge where necessary to improve service, project outcomes
- Deliver projects ensuring they are comprehensively planned, realistic, efficiently resourced and deliver agreed benefits
- Ensure that project activity is integrated and dependencies identified, understood and managed
- Manage and control multiple third party suppliers for own projects
- Manage the workload of self and of project team resources
- Being prepared to say what you mean directly, honestly and appropriately
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in line with current organisation Policies and Procedures.