£500-£595 per day (INSIDE IR35)
Our public sector client based in Leeds are searching for an experienced Project Manager for an initial 6 month contract to work in the IT Programme Management Office, which is responsible for overseeing delivery of a diverse portfolio of IT projects.
• Overseeing a caseload of allocated projects, engaging with stakeholders, working with functional delivery managers and cross-functional teams to ensure projects deliver on time, cost and quality;
• Driving the delivery of projects, maintaining relevant lifecycle documentation in accordance to governance framework, managing risk/issue logs, project finances, third party suppliers, resourced project plans, change control and effective transition to service;
• along with required reporting to project boards, the Programme Management Office and key business and IT stakeholders;
• Challenging any anticipated delays and concerns on projects, addressing and escalating appropriately with focus on delivering the projects’ defined outcomes;
• Experience of managing and delivering projects, ideally in an IT environment;
• Experience of working within a structured project management lifecycle;
• Excellent communication and influencing skills.
• Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders, be able to effectively listen to their needs, and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability;
• Experience of effectively analysing problems and data, presenting solutions and information in a meaningful way to a diverse range of audiences;
• Experience of planning, forecasting and managing project costs;
• Prince 2 accreditation, PMQ (previously APMP) or other similar qualification.
• Experience of working in an Agile project management environment;
• Advanced Microsoft Project and Excel Skills.