They work in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical and chemical; and consumer products sectors. The company employ problem-solvers with a proven track record in life sciences, laboratory based analytical testing and specialist consulting.
The role of Programme Manager involves working closely with clients from the Life Sciences and related industries to design and manage complex or detailed analytical programmes. The Programme Manager provides a single point of contact for the client and guides the commercial team and operations lead in delivering the required programme.
The role requires a clear understanding of the analytical process and the ability to make a positive contribution, both in terms of specific deliverables and in terms of scientific expertise and experience. Liaison with colleagues and the client's scientific personnel is key in this role, as is astute management of the customer interface. Good understanding of problem solving and analytical parameters are paramount in the interpretation of the client's requests, so that commissioned or recommended work can be enacted in a focused and solution-orientated manner. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the Life Sciences and / or analytical field. Experience in the area of materials characterisation / materials science is of particular interest, but experience of the application of a broad range of analytical techniques to problem solving in a commercial setting is desirable. The site operates to current Good Manufacturing Practice, therefore experience of working in a regulated environment would also be beneficial
Main Duties to:
- Revenue generating management of complex analytical programmes, including functioning as the interface between the client and internal colleagues delivering such programmes.
- Ongoing account management of assigned clients.
- Schedule each programme to meet defined deadlines; monitor and manage all programme elements.
- Prepare and deliver regular updates to clients regarding on-going studies, arrange and chair regular teleconferences with clients to discuss project status.
- Manages and generates leads in order to meet client request in line with company procedures.
- Assist in the preparation (if required) of study summaries / final reports; technical review and approval of such reports prepared by co-workers.
- Contribute to the training and development of other personnel as required.
- Experience in a similar customer-facing role desirable.
- Minimum BSc in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant commercial experience. Postgraduate degrees would be beneficial.
- Experienced in the use of complex analytical instrumentation, familiarity with good scientific practice.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- A full, clean UK driving license.
- Full time (37.5hrs per week)
Tell me how you are suitable for the role and send your CV in Word format (2 pages maximum) to email@example.com by Monday 21st August.