|Location: BAGLAN, WEST GLAMORGAN||Salary: 250.00 - 400.00 GBP Per Day|
|Sector: Property & Construction||Job Type: Temporary|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 10 months ago||Reference: 3208456|
Reports to: Capital Delivery Manager
Location: Baglan, South West Wales
As a credible member of the Capital maintenance Delivery Team you will:
• Provide leadership and management of projects including line management responsibilities to a number of Project Co-ordinators.
• Ensure that DCWW meets it’s serviceability targets and improves its asset investment management systems, processes and competencies to achieve a successful outcome at the next price review.
• Ensure the business is able to meet its requirement for project delivery in line with the latest CDM regulations, to an agreed timeline and within approved target cost which will enable delivery of the DCWW investment programme.
• Assess project needs, define scope, optioneer solutions, input to design activities, collate project target costs, procure services, manage project construction & delivery and commission the projects for a defined programme of work. In order to fulfil these requirements there will be a need to work closely with operational and design colleagues in order to ensure business requirements are met.
• Identify and implement best practice project delivery from across the water sector, and from other sectors of the construction industry.
As Project Manager you will:
• Be accountable for the delivery of planned programmes of work to a pre-defined timeline and within agreed target cost.
• Effectively monitor and track delivery and be able to take appropriate action in the event of programme slippage and contractor cost management under NEC conditions of contract.
• Ensure implementation of DCWW contract, supply chain and commercial systems to ensure consistency.
• Comply with DCWW Health and Safety requirements and ensure all projects comply with the latest CDM Regulations.
• Where appropriate implement sustainable and innovative project solutions, working toward efficiency targets and reduction in DCWW’s carbon footprint.
• Ensure DCWW’s interests are protected at all times and that risks to the business are minimised.
• Work collaboratively with operational and design team, Alliance partners, Suppliers and DCWW to fully understand asset performance concerns.
• To provide Project Management expertise for engineered solutions and provide support to operational colleagues and Alliance partners as and when needed.
• Instigate project peer reviews in order to ensure DCWW’s interests are represented during solution selection and any business risks are understood.
• Assist with the resolution of issues between third parties and DCWW.
• Ensure that all project handover documentation and procedures are complete before issue of Final Certificates.
• Challenge suppliers, contractors and designers to ensure best fix to operational issues and taking all reasonable steps to design out health & safety risk.
• Ensure IMS procedures are followed at all times and get involved in annual review
• Liaise closely with cost managers on spend profiling, forecasting and scheme closure
• Performance management, training & development of direct reports in accordance with all HR policies, including people engagement.
• Control capital project delivery to ensure that any investment satisfy operational needs and are fit for purpose.
• Help identify good/best practice construction techniques, and bad practice where applicable under the ‘near miss’ reporting procedure.
• Ensure all projects comply with the latest CDM Regulations.
60000 - 65000 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
30000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum
AYLESBURY, BUCKINGHAMSHIRERead more
55000 - 63000 GBP Per Annum
STANFORD-LE-HOPE, ESSEXRead more
20.00-30.00 GBP Per hour, inc Benefits
MAIDSTONE, KENT, UNITED KINGDOMRead more
44000 - 50000 GBP Per Annum
SIDCUP, KENTRead more