We are happy to be working with the council, to assist them in their search for a Project Manager within the City Development team. This is a temporary position forecast to be ongoing for the next 12 months.
The council owns a large property portfolio and a number of sites have been identified for development and regeneration. Funding is available to carry out a number of site investigations and studies. Following this work, the council needs to determine the most appropriate mechanism to bring forward the development of the sites. This could include disposal to a developer to achieve a capital receipt, development via a joint venture with a private developer or contractor, development via the council’s own company, Norwich Regeneration Ltd to generate an income stream for the council.
Leading the project management of potential development sites in council ownership, prior to development on site. Duties include:
• Preparing project briefs and specifications for services
• Preparing options appraisals to compare delivery mechanisms
• Producing programmes for the overall sites programme and individual projects
• Preparing monthly highlight reports to monitor projects against budget, timescale and quality
• Establishing and maintaining risk registers and issues logs
• Managing the project budgets
Other responsibilities include:
- Instructing land and property negotiations relating to the development of complex sites
- Commissioning and acting as the client for site investigations and studies and design and planning work.
- Exploring and preparing options appraisals and finding solutions to determine the most appropriate way to bring forward major development proposals to meet the council’s objectives
- Procuring and negotiating with prospective developer partners to establish joint ventures where appropriate
- Setting up and chairing project team meetings & reporting to project boards
- Investigating and securing external funding where available to carry out site investigations, site remediation and other infrastructure work for multi million pound development projects.
- Managing project budgets and resources on a day-to-day basis leading to the delivery of major development projects.
In order to be considered for the role you will need:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline eg surveying, estate management OR Considerable experience in a project management role within a property related environment or similar
- Project management qualification e.g. Prince 2 or other or equivalent learning from experience
- Experience of budget monitoring, planning and forecasting
- Experience of commissioning and managing external specialist consultants on design and delivery of major development projects
- Detailed understanding of development viability appraisals and site valuations including housing, leisure and commercial development
- Detailed knowledge of property and planning legislation and procedures including CPO
If you are immediately available and feel you have the necessary requirements to be considered for this role, please apply now, or feel free to contact email@example.com for more information.