Reed finance are currently working in partnership with a global engineering business based just outside of Glasgow city centre to recruit an experienced qualified or QBE accountant for an exciting new Project Cost Accountant role.
The role, a long term contract, would be ideal for a technically strong finance professional from a manufacturing or heavy engineering background.
Duties for the role include:
• Working with different business functions and providing financial expertise with regards to areas such as forecasting and variance analysis
• Monitoring projects and ensuring they remain on track and to budget from a finance perspective
• Collating regular reports for senior management and project teams
• Working alongside functional heads to plan projects and define budgets
• Communicating complex finance information to non-finance managers
In return, my client is offering a generous salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to work with a dynamic business across multiple cutting edge projects.
To be considered for the role candidates should meet the following criteria:
• Formally qualified (ACCA / CIMA / ICAS etc.) or suitably qualified by experience
• A background in project / cost accounting ideally gained from the manufacturing or engineering sectors
• Strong finance systems proficiency, especially with regards to MS Excel
• A strong self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and deliver results.
To find out more about this role or other opportunities, please get in touch with Lewis Crainie at Reed Glasgow for a confidential discussion.
0141 241 4702