A maritime charity based in the Docklands area of East London are seeking a Prince 2 Qualified Project Coordinator on a two year fixed-term contract basis, with potential for a permanent role at the end. This is a pivotal role which will report into the CEO and ensure the smooth acquisition of further sites. The successful candidate will have a background within the charity sector (or similar) and experience/knowledge of the maritime industry would be advantageous but not essential.
Duties to include:
- To embark on specific projects to get the sites up and running in accordance with the companies vision / ethos
- To build effective relationships with various stakeholders in the creation and operation of the sites
- To assist with the SMT with the due diligence process in order that the Board of Trustees to make their final decision
- To attend key meetings in place of the CEO where necessary.
- To formulate a project plan for each site and gain CEO / SMT / Board approval
- To travel to the various sites on a regular basis, as required and directed by the CEO
- To create budgets across the sites in line with the charities financial processes in conjunction with the Finance Manager and CEO
- To liaise with the new sites and to link key staff with the relevant functions in order that the takeover process runs smoothly
- To develop operational policies and procedures for the new sites in line with head office principles
- To work closely with HR Manager with regards to staffing matters
- To communicate business information across the sites
- To hold regular meetings with the site management and feedback to head office
- To assist CEO and Board of Trustees with transfer of all legal entities
- To conduct evaluations to establish best practice and ongoing monitoring
- Degree level educated
- Prince 2 Qualification
- Maritime experience/knowledge
Shortlisting will take place next week, so please do apply today to be considered.