This exciting and diverse role will suit an individual who has a flexible approach to work and demonstrates a real ‘can do’ attitude. The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent organisational skills and discipline, the ability to work to very strict deadlines and strong prioritisation skills. Working within a team you will be responsible for managing all logistics processes to deliver the complete job and/or project.
Responsible for all stages of the logistics operation; resourcing equipment, crew, transport and accommodation.
- Confirm order is correct and valid, process to invoicing stage. The accounts department will then automatically generate the client invoice.
- Resource management of:
I. Equipment – owned or sub-hire, monitor stock levels maximise usage of owned equipment.
II. Crew – internal staff or sub-contractors, ensure skills and behaviours are matched to the job/client, maximise usage of internal staff. Ensure input into ERP tools to reflect real time availability of crew.
III. Freight – owned, plus driver or sub-contracted
IV. Crew transport – using online booking system
- Maintain and build positive relationships with external suppliers to obtain best value for the company.
- Maintain and build positive relationships with sub-contractor crew/freelance staff.
- Create an accurate and detailed delivery/collection schedule.
- Report on KPIs and costs to budget performance via job-based costings in daily team meetings, tier meetings and delivery meetings.
- Manage and prioritise own workload and any delegation to ensure that all jobs and projects are delivered at required quality standards, on time and within budget.
- Perform any other responsibilities as assigned.
- Support onsite delivery by working with Project Managers to coordinate resources onsite.
- Support the logistics team, both Administrators and Planners, to deliver exceptional levels of customer service as and when required.
- Assist in the implementation of new systems to improve efficiency.
- Adhere to and promote throughout the business all company procedures.
- Responsible for initial working RAMS (risk assessment method statement) / job information & details
· Computer literate with excellent Microsoft Office skills, including Excel
· Accurate with a keen attention to detail
· Highly organised
· Able to perform well under pressure to tight deadlines
· Confident communicator at all levels
· Fast and adaptive learner
· Flexible working approach to ensure delivery of events
· Numerate with financial acumen
· Graduates welcome but a degree is not essential, on the job training and career development is part of our culture
If you would like more information on this position please email firstname.lastname@example.org today!