We are looking for Support Workers and Project Assistants in the Bristol and Stroud areas. There service is for vulnerable service users, who may have links to homelessness, violence, mental health and substance misuse. You will be working in a hostel/ residential environment. Experience in this area is advantagious.
These are temporary positions, which will be on either a shift or rota basis. Positions are paying from £9.20 per hour.
If you are interested please apply ASAP!
The delivery of individual, positive outcome focused support packages to clients of the supported schemes.
Ensuring that the support service promotes empowerment and independence.
To be part of a staff team that is committed to ‘best practice’ in the social housing field.
Work proactively with clients to achieving their personalised support outcomes.
Strategy and Service Development
1. Delivering a ‘best practice’ support service, appropriate to clients’ needs.
2. Ensuring the delivery of individual personalised support packages, reflective of different client needs, including culture and diversity issues.
3. Assisting clients with day-to-day tenancy issues, payment of rent, claiming benefits, preparing units to let.
4. Knowledge of ‘best practice’ in both crisis intervention and planned support working.
5. Undertaking referrals and assessments of potential clients, working with them to identify the most appropriate housing solution for their needs.
6. Ensuring clients have access to relevant external support services.
7. Working with clients to agree and set goals and actions.
8. Meeting clearly defined client outcome targets through key-working, support plans, risk assessments and other interventions.
9. Ensuring that opportunities for education, training and employment opportunities are integral to the support service. The aim being to enable clients to develop the life skills to live as independently as possible.
10. Maintaining accurate and timely records of all activities including the maintenance of a support planning database.
11. Providing practical support and information to clients when entering the service and throughout their involvement with the service, e.g., assisting clients in the completion of occupancy agreements and welfare benefit claims.
12. Working in line with ‘health and safety’ and safe guarding requirements to ensure the overall safety and security of the client.