Project Accountant (Systems, Public Sector)
Reed Finance is urgently recruiting for a Project Accountant /Project Manager (Deputy Principal Accountant grade £37,272) for a large Public Sector organisation based in Belfast.
This role requires the expertise of a fully or part Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a fast-paced commercial environment or public sector organisation.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing the Finance & Business Management Solution (FBMS) project. Managing scope, schedule and cost of the project.
From a finance and systems background, the successful candidate will manage the full FBMS project lifecycle through specification, procurement, design, delivery and implementation. This is a temporary ongoing role scheduled until AT LEAST the end of March 2020.
- Plan, organise and manage all phases of the Finance & Business Management Solution (FBMS) project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery.
- On behalf of the FBMS Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) and Project Board, prepare, maintain and report to the Board on, project governance, project plans and schedules, team goals and success criteria, project scope, risks, issues, milestones and budgets.
- Be responsible for managing project issues, risks, decisions and outcomes from project team’s tasks and activities.
- Manage the development of specification of requirements for the FBMS.
- Work with Construction and Procurement Delivery (CPD) to manage the FBMS procurement process.
- Effectively build relationships with cross-functional team members, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organisations involved with or affected by the project.
- Manage any sub-project/work stream activities and dependent sub-groups to ensure that the project deliverables are successfully realised, also ensuring effective reporting between sub-groups and to/from the relevant Project Board.
- Ensure project budgets and commercials are managed. Implement and execute a consistent Change Management process for all projects to ensure out of scope work is captured and escalated for approval.
- Manage the review and development of FCAD financial and business control processes policies and procedures impacting on the FBMS.
- Liaison with internal IT Team to progress projects, resolve issues and ensure effective transition from existing systems to new FBMS.
The Ideal Candidate:
Candidates must - Hold one of the following qualifications:
- The final examinations of AAT or IATI (accounting technician)
- The qualified or part qualified accountant with CCAB organisation.
- A degree or a qualification of an equivalent academic level in a subject which contains a strong finance and/or systems bias, such as BSc Accounting, BSc Management & Information Systems, BSc Business Information Technology etc.
AND: Have 3 years’ demonstrable experience, obtained in the past 5 years, working in project management within a finance and systems development environment. Including responsibility for management of finance and related systems projects and development activities. Use of reporting tools. Contract management, issues resolution and stakeholder management.
AND: Demonstrable experience of using a project management methodology e.g. PRINCE 2 or similar.
Please call Laurence Jago at Reed Finance Belfast as soon as possible on 028 9033 0604 to inquire about this post.