Job title: Project Accountant
Salary: £38,000 - £40,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time Monday to Friday
An established Hospitality Group with a portfolio of over 120 properties in over 70 cities is looking for a Project Accountant to come on board and work closely with the Senior Finance and Project Management teams to ensure there are appropriate financial controls and governance on the companies capital projects and ensure appropriate, timely accounting for spend.
- Management and oversight of the businesses’ capital budgets
- First-line financial review of all capital requisitions prepared by the business to ensure they contain all required information, are accurate and are provided to senior management with appropriate time for review and approval.
- Collaborate with the businesses’ respective development teams to maintain a project planner, and associated cash flow forecast, ensuring sufficient funds are available for payments on approved budgets.
- Working with Asset Management to ensure appropriate level of review of spend vs budget and effectiveness of spend - including achievement of stated project goals (financial and non-financial).
- Responsible for monitoring actual spend versus budgets, preparing regular status reports accurately for management to make informed decision about budget and fund requirements in a timely manner should a shortfall be identified.
- Raising Purchase Orders to be sent for approval for all Capital Expenditure
- Creating and maintaining project templates within SAP for all of major capex projects and new acquisitions
- Processing Invoices against the above projects
- Liaising with the Development & Maintenance teams to ensure all Capex related invoices are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Capitalisation of all Assets to company standard
- Reconciling the Fixed Asset Register on a monthly basis
- Monitoring the annual asset counts as well as required asset tagging in accordance with group policies and procedures.
- Dealing with both Internal and External queries
- Management of Assistant Capital Accountant
- Assist any member of the accounts team in their duties
- Good knowledge and experience in dealing with Fixed Assets and/or Project Accounting
- The ability to work well under pressure and use own initiative to problem solve
- Relationship building skills, and ability to communicate financial information to non-financial individuals
- Communication and time management skills
- The ability to always look to improve current processes
- Knowledge of SAP Accounting Software