One of the largest Local authorities in London are looking to recruit a Programme Manager to join their team on a 6 months contract with possibility of further extension. It is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate by providing personal and specific examples that they have at least three years’ experience of effective leadership, management and delivery of a number of interrelated commercial projects as a programme. This programme management experience must also include recent and relevant experience of:
- Effective governance and risk management of a complex, commercial programme;
- Managing and monitoring programme or project budgets, while ensuring high standards of financial administration and probity;
- Leading commissioning processes and the negotiation of commercial agreements to deliver sustainable benefit to the council and its residents;
- Working to achieve agreed outcomes, with requirement for self-directed work;
- Building and maintaining effective collaborative relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and analysing and resolving complex issues involving different end-users and stakeholders while displaying effective judgement;
- Identifying synergies and interdependencies between programmes or projects to target opportunities to maximise delivery and value for money;
- Establishing robust contract management arrangements, and managing contractor performance and improvements; and
- Writing complex reports within tight timeframes and presenting them in a manner capable of influencing and persuading a range of internal and external audiences.
Due to the nature of the role, it is imperative that candidates must have experience working in the public sector on complex work streams. If you have the required experience and skill set apply now for immediate consideration.