West Sussex, South Coast
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000
Hours of work: Monday to Friday - 8:00am – 16:30pm
Are you a Production Supervisor looking for your next career opportunity?
Do you want to join a successful and growing business?
If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
An established, successful and growing company based on the South coast who are thriving in the current climate.
You will be responsible for supervising and overseeing the running of a small production team. You will be expected to be responsible for planning the schedule of production and ensuring stock levels are monitored and maintained in line with outgoing sales.
- Oversee the production of all products, ensuring the day is appropriately planned to maximise efficiency
- Plan the timing of production runs specific to product / pack size as well as machine set-up / changeover as needed
- Plan the schedule for production – using sales data, key customer fulfilment data, and stock data to plan the weekly priorities for the team
- Must be able to analyse and track the above data – using excel – and report key information up
- Learning the machines; their operation, basic maintenance and cleaning requirements
- Oversee the use of the machinery by the full team, ensuring efficiency as well as cleans and routine maintenance are carried out
- Maintain minimum stock levels of raw materials – this will include the ordering of all such materials and scheduling of their deliveries to ensure smooth production
- Set targets for the team and work well with them to achieve goals
- Consider staffing requirements across picking and production, liaising with the warehouse manager – to release or add as required
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are met
Person Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience supervising a team in a production environment
- Confident with use of Microsoft Office, Excel & navigating computer systems
- Strong analytical capability to assess production status and set deliverables and targets for the team.
- Strong leadership capabilities to work well with the small team and drive the team’s success
- Knowledge and confidence to maintain and if required fix production machines required
- Ability to oversee the full production process from ordering in of required parts, to booking these goods in, to ensuring efficient production of the end-product, to ensuring quick delivery to shelves for picking.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety in a production environment
- Knowledge of blister forming machines a bonus
- Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 Depending on experience
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
- On-site parking
- Breaks in AM & PM
If you are interested and have the required experience for this fantastic opportunity position, please apply with your up to date CV right away.