|Location: SAFFRON WALDEN, ESSEX||Salary: 30000 - 36000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: 1|
|Posted: 2 months ago||Reference: 3094273|
A successful family-owned business in Saffron Walden are looking to add an experienced Production Planner to their team. Reporting to the Production Manager, your role will encompass the following:
• Scheduling all jobs for the workshop using stock demand, customer orders and available forecast information.
• Constantly review production performance to ensure planned requirements will be effectively achieved and manage the consequence of any unforeseen issues.
• Planning to maintain a consistently high delivery level with a target of 99% on time deliveries.
• Work with the Production Manager to determine when / how new orders can be managed to ensure customer satisfaction levels are met.
• Liaise with all internal departments as necessary to ensure planning requirements are understood and that all delivery dates are managed to be time. Ensuring rapid communication of any production issues that may adversely affect agreed lead times.
• Collate and report performance data against set KPI’s.
• Identify and implement improvements that reduce labour times and waste costs.
• Work to implement necessary tools to plan to the most accurate forecast figures.
Ordering & Material management
• Management of all Production Works Orders from raising through to completion.
• Creating BOM’s for new products and managing BOM’s for existing products.
• Working with Purchasing & Stores to determine agreed stock holding levels, ensure material stock is correct and Works order kitting is carried out effectively.
• Project management of large and complex customer orders. Co-ordinating all elements of projects to ensure customer delivery dates are met.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Considerable experience of working as a Production Planner in a manufacturing environment
• Good understanding of production and planning principles
• Excellent PC skills - advanced level skills in Excel and intermediate in Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Educated to degree level, ideally a qualification in planning or scheduling
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Project management experience
• Experience of working with ERP / MRP systems
• Experience of a technical background (e.g. engineering, science related).
You will show the following qualities:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to effectively interact pleasantly and positively with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
• Enthusiasm and perseverance with a positive ‘can do’ attitude. With an aptitude to meet challenges as they arise and willing to get “stuck in” at all levels to get the job done.
• Well organised with a good attention to detail with the ability to maintain high levels of accuracy.
• Excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise a role which incorporates a range of tasks.
• Forward thinking always looking for ways to improve current systems and suggest new initiatives
• Diligent attitude with the determination to see things through to completion
• Capable of working as part of a team and able to use own initiative when working individually
If you are interested in discussing this role in more detail please apply today.
COLCHESTER BUSINESS PARK, ESSEXRead more
150.00 - 225.00 GBP Per Hour
BRIDGWATER, SOMERSETRead more
125 - 175 GBP Per Hour
TROWBRIDGE, WILTSHIRERead more
30000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
RICHMOND, SURREYRead more
26000.00 - 28000.00 GBP Per Annum
HUDDERSFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more