REED Engineering & Manufacturing are working with a leading Manufacturing Company with a global client base.
Production Manager (Manufacturing)
Reporting to the Site Manager the successful person will have accountability for all aspects of production and will ensure that the department delivers on productivity, output and cost control, inventory, quality, safety, environment, customer service and people development objectives.
• Responsible for the daily output from the manufacturing department, ensuring that Health and Safety and Operational KPI’s are achieved.
• Be the leader of the team, constantly driving the team to become world class utilising lean tools, employee engagement and continuous improvement techniques.
• To partake in the daily production meetings, monthly health and safety, tooling development and operations meetings. Works Council as requested.
• Identify key areas of equipment, operational, material, and behavioural improvement.
• Track progress in key areas.
• Foster an open approach and communication style towards colleagues. Role model behaviour. Pursue regular communication routes with peer group/colleagues.
• Develop departmental budgets/targets on an annual basis. Adhere to monthly labour and factory budgets, continuously monitoring performance. Investigate and resolve anomalies and discrepancies, implementing robust solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
• Ensure that all plant and machinery is producing to the set cost and quality standards. Report and investigate deviations.
• Continuous improvement, through automation and waste management.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Management & Leadership
• IOSH, Managing Safely & ILM – Desirable
• Knowledge of Injection Moulding and tooling would be highly advantageous although NOT essential
• Proven track record and the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of material processing
• Strong analytical capabilities, financial acumen, and ability to understand and work with budgets.
• IT literate
• Good working knowledge of H&S requirements related to an engineering environment.
• Ability to manage people in a positive and proactive manner.
• Passion for quality and a track record of continuous improvement.
Candidates from either a moulding, injection moulding, manufacturing or FMCG background would be highly advantageous
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm, 40 hours per week.