£38,000 – £45,000
A fantastic career opportunity for a Production Manager experienced within metal fabrication or sheet metal manufacturing to join a successful, privately owned company in Dorset.
Our client is a privately owned, successful and industry leading engineering business, who design and manufacture special purpose metal storage units for leisure and industrial industries. Due to expansion, a Production Manager is required to start with immediate effect, who will be responsible for ensuring all production through the shop floor is completed in line with expectations on timescales, quality, and safety.
The Role & Responsibilities
- Overseeing a shop floor team of 25 fabricators.
- Planning and organising production schedules with multiple works orders.
- Managing staffing and material levels.
- Supervising the work of all production staff.
- Organising the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment.
- Overseeing and managing quality control systems - ISO 9001.
- Looking at opportunities to improve the company’s manufacturing process and areas the company may need to invest.
- Ensuring quality of work and all health / safety and environmental procedures are adhered to.
- Recruitment and training of staff.
- Organising relevant training sessions.
- Oversee stock control procedures.
Hours of work:
Mon-Thurs: 8am – 5pm
Fri: 8am – 4.30pm
- A background in Production Management from a mechanical manufacturing background.
- To be an excellent leader who can motivate others.
- Excellent planning skills to be able to prioritise workload.
- Have proven fabrication or sheet metal manufacturing shop management experience.
- Ideally an HNC / HND in engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and have full knowledge of ISO 9001 systems.
- Excellent computer, literacy, and numeracy skills.
- Superb communication skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships.
- High standard of workmanship who can hold others accountable to the same standards.
Package & Benefits
- £38,000 - £45,000 dependent upon experience
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company Pension scheme
- You will be joining a well-established company who have been in business over 50 years.
- On-site parking
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and you have the required experience, please apply with your up-to-date CV right away.