Are you an Experienced Production Manager, with experience of working in an SME environment? Have you worked for an Engineering business previously?
Due to organic business growth an industry leading manufacturer of mixing systems who supply into a range of industries are currently looking to recruit for a Production Manager. This is an exciting time to join the business as this is he first time they have hired into this role, therefore allowing you to really make an impression and put a long term stamp on the business. Reporting into the company directors, you will be responsible for around 25+ staff and will be accountable for improving production efficiency and lead time. You will be responsible for resource planning, stock control and will ensure effective communication between production, suppliers and sales team. A key influence in business-wide improvement initiatives, you will also be responsible for the implementation and ongoing development of the Company’s newly installed CIM-50 MRP system.
- Managing the planning, quality and on-time delivery of customer orders
- Raw material stock control
- Efficient use of people and machine resources within manufacturing
- Liaison with other departments including sales, design and engineering
- MRP system implementation and development
- Lead and develop the production team in reporting performance and setting objectives
- Lead in the adoption of best practice to drive continuous improvement in business performance
- Have previous experience working as a Production Manager, preferably in a business of less than 100 employees.
- You will have previous production management experience in an engineering business.
- Great people management skills
- Use of MRP systems - ideally this would include implementation of a new system.
- A “problem solver” with a keen interest in Engineering.
This is a permanent position, working days.