REED Procurement & Supply Chain division are delighted to be working exclusively with our client, a manufacturing business based in Newcastle on the appointment of a Production Control Assistant.
This is a full-time and permanent role that sits within their well-established Operations Support team. This position would suit an organised individual with a Planning, Export, Shipping or Operations background.
The salary on offer is £21,000 per annum with working hours of Monday to Thursday 09:00-17:30 and Fridays 09:00-15:30 however they do offer flexi start and finish times around their core hours.
My client also offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Assist with all aspects of production control and planning functions
- Accurately and efficiently input sales orders
- Issue order acknowledgements and respond to customer enquiries
- Assist with the planning and scheduling of production and deliveries
- Liaise with relevant departments about any supply chain issues
- Work with Production Team Leaders to ensure progress and timely completion of work orders
- Review the Orders for Delivery report to ensure delivery notes are raised orders due for despatch
- Ensure shipping documents and export shipments are prepared and shipped on time
- An export, shipping, planning or operations background would suit this role
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding telephone manner
- Warm and friendly in approach
- Organised and a problem solver
- Able to work well under pressure
The organisation are able to move quickly commencing their interview process w/c Monday 2nd March. Please do not hesitate in applying!