A Public Sector Organisation based in the West Midlands are currently looking for a Procurement Strategy and Systems Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, the salary for the role is £43,000 to £46,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
The Procurement Strategy and Systems Manager
- Supports the Head of Procurement in the planning and delivery of consistently high quality, value for money services through a modern, resilient, high quality, customer focused procurement service.
- Ensures that Procurement supports delivery of the Council’s Corporate objectives in a compliant manner and to the highest possible professional standards, complying with all aspects of relevant legislation and public accountability requirements.
- Has a focus on developing the Council’s Procurement strategy and related policies, overseeing procurement systems, providing analytical capability to the rest of procurement department and monitoring and reporting on performance and compliance
- Leads and manages a small team within the Procurement department ensuring the appropriate professional standards are continually delivered, staff development plans are in place and Procurement performance Indicators are achieved.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with Council Directors and senior officers across the Council to contribute to delivering value for money in the form of cashable and non-cashable savings and social value.
- Demonstrable experience of leading significant procurement projects within a Local Government / complex political environment
- Demonstrable Procurement, Category Management and Commercial skills and expertise of delivering improvements and efficiencies
- Experience of identifying and delivering significant savings
- Experience of managing spend analysis and a contract register to identify opportunities
- Experience of leading a range of different complex procurements including Competitive Dialogues and Negotiated Procedures
- An up to date knowledge of relevant supply markets and intelligence gathering methods
- Ability to demonstrate and maximise the positive impact of procurement on the local business and wider community