|Location: GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRE||Salary: 24000.00 - 32000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 8 months ago||Reference: 3042202|
As the Procurement Specialist you will be part of small team, which shall undertake strategic sourcing activities for a specific category spend with the aim of achieving cost reductions, whilst maintain/improving service delivery.
You will work under the general direction of the Senior Category Specialist but will be responsible for the delivery of your own programme of work whilst managing the conflicting priorities and deadlines that such a role entails, together with assisting the Senior Category Specialist.
In addition you will;
• To be an active member of the Procurement Team.
• To assist in the implementation and monitoring the Procurement Strategy, Policy and Procedures on goods, services and works to ensure the achievement of Best Value.
• To ensure best practice and the achievement of effective governance and standards in procurement including, conformance with the Standing Orders Relating to Contracts and National and European legislation.
• To provide professional advice and guidance to all Directorates on procurement solutions to enable service delivery in line with corporate objectives.
• Assist the Category Lead in developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of key supply market drivers, market conditions and trends for the assigned category area.
• Understand the impact of strategies on the future requirements for their category area.
• Assist in the engagement of key internal/external stakeholders to generate, present and agree robust category strategies with Category Lead.
• Ensure the agreed strategy delivers the agreed level of service delivery and efficiencies and that the strategic sourcing process is applied consistently and appropriately.
• Assist the Category Lead in the achievement of the savings targets for their category area and track the level of achievement of these targets.
• Consult and agree approach with Category Lead/Procurement Manager in relation to all legal issues which arise during the procurement process.
• Lead the procurement process on all areas of the allocated category area inclusive of development of the commodity strategy, ITT, selection/evaluation models and award of contract.
• Ensure the proper consideration of partnering and collaboration as commodity strategy options.
• Where required, lead User Intelligence Group in all stages of the procurement process and support group members in relation to tasks required to be undertaken.
• Critically examine and challenge user specifications prior to the finalisation of the ITT.
• In conjunction with the Category Lead, develop appropriate contract management models for areas of spend in terms of risk and cost to the organisation and engage with Client Department Contract Manager to ensure understanding and application of the model.
You will be able to demonstrable recent relevant experience of public sector procurement, have significant experience of leading and evaluating tender processes (>£50k) for a diverse range of commodities and leading and evaluating high value EU tender processes and implementing collaborative framework agreements .
Finally, you will have considerable experience in the development and implementation of e-Procurement using the PCS portal including the Quick Quotes and PCS-T facilities
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please call Simon Johnston-Maude on 0131 240 3680.
40000 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
SWINDON, WILTSHIRERead more
29000 - 33000 GBP Per Annum
DIDSBURY, LANCASHIRERead more
25000 - 30000 GBP Per Annum
COBALT BUSINESS PARK, TYNE AND WEARRead more
33000 - 35000 GBP Per Annum
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, TYNE AND WEARRead more
32000.00 - 40000.00 GBP Per Annum, inc benefits
WEST LONDONRead more