|Location: EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIAN||Salary: 38000 - 47000 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 5 months ago||Reference: 3083569|
As the Procurement Manager you will deliver a sustainable procurement software and IT services including efficient and effective customer service and external supplier performance to meet the procurement strategy, to make continuous improvements to help our client achieve its overall objectives through best procurement practice.
You will be integral to driving vendor improvement programs with a focus on;
• To deliver, as part of the Procurement Office Team, a sustainable procurement strategy in particular to identify individual customers’ needs and to deliver major procurement projects on time and on budget and develop common approaches to market through agreed commodity procurement strategies, to meet strategic objectives.
• To manage key suppliers’ performance against contracts or other arrangements and to manage these relationships with their main customers.
• Maintain communications with other suppliers to provide advise on current and future requirements, to develop competition, deliver corporate social responsibility, and process efficiency (e.g. e-Sourcing, eProcurement) emphasising these benefits to suppliers and customers.
• To analyse expenditure profiles, look for opportunities to reduce duplication and streamline processes for goods, services and works procurement, across all commodity areas and all customers.
• Preparing and delivering on annual commodity plans to achieve best performance indicators, focussing on improving commodity influence, value for money and whole life costing.
• To plan, project manage and deliver an efficient and effective procurement/e-sourcing service, as delegated by the Assistant Director of Procurement, for research groups and School or Support Unit-based teams providing demonstrably added-value services which meet customers needs, achieving value for money and quality of goods and services, to meet legal obligations, analyse and manage risks and ensure probity, maintain project documentation and management reports.
• To represent the Assistant Director of Procurement or the Director of Procurement, if appropriate, on relevant internal and external groups, where this demonstrably enhances the strategy.
• To assist in the development, with the Procurement Team Leader, and deliver, appropriate web-based or other guidance, offer training to staff to ensure good practice and streamline processes which can demonstrate value for money, whole life costing and efficient processes.
You will have preferably 3 years’ experience delivering a relevant Public Sector procurement service especially software and IT related, showing knowledge appropriate to this high value, technically diverse environment.
Possess full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or relevant degree or have significant procurement management experience and be making progress towards formal membership, commitment to continuous professional development would be an advantage.
Good analytical and computing skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to develop performance monitoring and benchmarking and spreadsheets. Direct experience of implementing new initiatives in public or regulated sector is preferred, knowledge of legislative framework would be a distinct advantage.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please call Simon Johnston-Maude on 0131 226 3686
300.00 - 400.00 GBP Per Hour
WETHERBY, WEST YORKSHIRERead more
25000 - 29000 GBP Per Annum
GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRERead more
39000.00 - 39177.00 GBP Per Annum
TAUNTON, SOMERSETRead more
28000 - 33000 GBP Per Annum
CHELTENHAM, GLOUCESTERSHIRERead more
25000.00 - 27500.00 GBP Per Annum
HUDDERSFIELD, WEST YORKSHIRERead more