|Location: EDINBURGH, MIDLOTHIAN||Salary: 38000.00 - 47000.00 GBP Per Annum|
|Sector: Procurement & Supply Chain||Job Type: Permanent|
|Shift Type: N/A||Applications: N/A|
|Posted: 6 months ago||Reference: 3083571|
As the Procurement Manager you will deliver a sustainable procurement software and IT services including efficient and effective customer service and external supplier performance to meet the procurement strategy, to make continuous improvements to help our client achieve its overall objectives through best procurement practice.
You will be integral to driving vendor improvement programs with a focus on;
• To deliver, services with the Category Team Manager (IS), which support a sustainable procurement strategy , in particular to identify individual customer needs and to deliver major Information Services procurement projects on time ,on budget and develop common approaches to market through agreed commodity procurement strategies, which meet strategic objectives
• To manage major suppliers’ performance against contracts or other arrangements and to manage key relationships with their main customers.
• To analyse expenditure profiles, look for opportunities to reduce duplication and streamline processes for procurement.
• Preparing and delivering on annual category plans to achieve best practice indicators, focussing on improving commodity influence, value for money and whole life costing et al.
• To plan, project manage and deliver an efficient and effective procurement/e-sourcing service, as delegated by the Category Team Manager which meet customer needs, achieving value for money and quality of goods and services, to meet legal obligations, analyse and manage risks and ensure probity, maintain project documentation and management reports.
• To represent the Procurement Senior Management Team, if appropriate, on relevant internal and external groups.
• To help develop and deliver with the Category Team Manager(s) key procurement strategic themes and deliver appropriate web-based or other guidance, which offers training and support to staff to ensure good practice and streamline processes which can demonstrate value for money, whole life costing and efficient processes.
This is a key appointment therefore, the role operates within a fast paced environment meaning you must have the ability to manage a busy and demanding workload, have strong negotiation, planning and organisation skills, be excellent at decision making and problem solving, be able to prioritise, and be able to remain calm under pressure.
You will have preferably 5 years’ experience delivering a relevant Public Sector procurement service especially software and IT related, , showing knowledge appropriate to this high value, technically diverse environment.
Possess full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or relevant degree or have significant procurement management experience and be making progress towards formal membership, commitment to continuous professional development would be an advantage.
Good analytical and computing skills, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to develop performance monitoring and benchmarking and spreadsheets. Direct experience of implementing new initiatives in public or regulated sector is preferred, knowledge of legislative framework would be a distinct advantage.
If you meet the criteria above, please submit your CV. Only candidates with the above experience will be considered for the role.
If you would like to have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please call Simon Johnston-Maude on 0131 226 3686.
25000 - 26000 GBP Per Annum
BELFAST, COUNTY ANTRIMRead more
30000 - 32000 GBP Per Annum
SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRERead more
40000.00 - 45000 GBP Per Annum
GLASGOW, LANARKSHIRERead more
36613.00 - 41212.00 GBP Per Annum
BRISTOL, AVONRead more
300.00 - 350.00 GBP Per Day
BRIGHTON, EAST SUSSEXRead more