REED Procurement are recruiting for one of our global clients with a huge UK presence and a presence in the Chelmsford region.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a team who manage a global supply base responsible for delivering materials into a complex manufacturing system. You will operate in a challenging environment, specifically managing the procurement requirements of several development projects that will require high mix, low volume materials and components with detailed
In this role you will:
• Work closely with and be a designated point of contact to internal product and project teams to identify procurement requirements and project/product scope.
• Identify potential new suppliers and asses their suitability for the long term requirements of the product, project and business.
• Write and issue detailed Request for Information / Request for Proposal documents to enable a full and robust supplier selection process.
• Review and benchmark supplier responses to RFI’s / RFP’s to enable strong supplier recommendations that take into account commercial, technical and quality requirements.
• Ensuring relevant costing strategies are implemented to achieve best possible pricing.
• Establish contracts and framework agreements to ensure security of supply and delivery of improvements against KPIs.
• Implement and progress effective supplier development plans, yielding tangible improvements.
• Co-ordinate activities between engineering and suppliers to improve the manufacturability of materials, components and assemblies based on operational priorities.
• Manage supplier performance, drawing on your experience and performance data to yield consistent improvements.
• Potential line management responsibilities for a person with the right skills.
• Partaking in Corporate and BU led cost down activities across the supply base.
• Control of the sourcing strategy for a selected group of commodities. You will be given full autonomy to make changes to the supply base and drive improvements as desired.
To be successful in this role you will require:
• Significant procurement experience in a highly technical /engineering environment.
• Significant experience working in a direct manufacturing environment (preferably low volume / high mix).
• Knowledge of supply chain, material management, demand forecasting and engineering change management principles.
• The ability to work with excel to compile and evaluate data will be an important aspect of your role.
• Be MS Office proficient – Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, PowerPoint.
• Be able to manage change in the right way.
It would be advantageous in this role if you hold:
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject would be advantageous.
• Strong working knowledge of SAP would be highly advantageous.
Note that if successful you may be required to travel globally.