INTERIM PROCUREMENT MANAGER (NHS)
Up to £300/day Inside the IR35
Location: South West but the candidate can be based anywhere in the country (full-time working from home)
Full-time, 37.5h/week, Mon- Fri
The Procurement Manager will be supporting the Corporate / Estates & Facilities Divisions across NHS Trust’s in a team of approx. 6-10 staff (reporting to Head of Procurement)
• Responsible for FM (soft & hard) & Estates contracts
• Relationship manager for specific Customers; pro-actively engage and work in partnership with key strategic stakeholders to understand their business requirements and tailor services to meet their needs. Actively promote and market procurement, developing innovative and best value service solutions.
• Develop and lead a strategic sourcing programme for specific Customers in the Gloucestershire Health Community; meeting Customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money, through compliance with Customer priorities and contracts and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
• Leadership of Divisional/Customer teams providing strategic direction and ensuring performance targets (including savings) are achieved and exceeded. Coach, mentor and support staff development.
• Manage and deliver multiple and very complex, strategically critical contracts, providing professional and commercial advice, communicating with other Trusts and agencies and co-ordinating contractual activities.
• Pro-actively identifying opportunities for synergistic collaborative opportunities.
• Department-wide responsibilities for areas such as defining policies and procedures and co-ordinating responses to DoH requests.
• Support the Head of Procurement in formulating the overall PSS strategy and deputise for the Head of Procurement from time to time on specific areas covered by remit.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Experience in a large public sector procurement organisation (preferably healthcare)
• Knowledge of PCR / OJEU and Frameworks (ideally NEC and JCT but not essential)
• Significant and advanced procurement knowledge and experience in a commercial environment including experience of leading a team of professional staff.
• Thorough knowledge and practical experience of successfully enacting partnerships or collaborative working.
• Has demonstrable experience of successfully conducting a range of negotiations across a variety of commodities and market sectors to achieve objectives and deliver savings with ability to lead on strategic and business critical negotiations.
• Highly computer literate particularly in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and experience of procurement and information systems.
• Procurement Process: Fully conversant with tender evaluation and processes leading to contract award.