As a rapidly growing & leading manufacturer in a niche industry is currently recruiting for a full-time permanent Procurement Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in purchasing and procurement, managing strategic supplier relationships and contracts. Ideally you will experience of a multi million £ spend across systems, telecoms, IT.
This company is the recognised global leader in its industry.
The Procurement Manager will own all strategic supplier relationships. The Procurement Manager will join the Supply Chain Team which has overall responsibility for manufacturing, supply and logistics operations
The Procurement Manager shall be required to:
• Work with Product Management, Project Delivery and Product Development teams to define the equipment to be procured for each project;
• Manage changes in equipment definition with the supplier and internally, ensuring that any changes are clearly documented and understood by all parties;
• Formally assess potential suppliers, ensuring they meet the criteria for approved suppliers, and regularly reassess suppliers to ensure they maintain standards;
• Negotiate all elements of supply contracts with suppliers, both for general partnership agreements and specific project purchase contracts;
• Ensure that all shipping documentation is accurate and agreed in advance with the customer/receiving party;
• Ensure that all necessary export and import regulations have been met and all licenses are in place as required, this can be highly variable from country to country and for different types of equipment;
• Set out a clear procurement budget for each project and maintain record of actual and forecast costs against the budget;
• Seek to reduce supplier costs wherever possible, working closely with suppliers to agree a cost down plan;
• Negotiate favourable payment terms to improve project cashflow;
• Provision for flexibility in supplier deliveries to match any changes in project timescales;
• Seek new or additional suppliers for new equipment requirements, and for existing equipment where a competitive environment for suppliers;
• Oversee goods in and out checking of equipment quality, ensuring that equipment is complete and ready for deployment;
• Negotiate Service Level Agreements, ensuring this meets the requirements of the Project Delivery Team for support and spares;
• Agree spares requirements and negotiate price and supply of spares for equipment;
• Work with the Project Delivery Team to ensure the equipment is correctly stored and handled following delivery to the customer site.
The successful candidate will:
• Have at least ten 3-5 years experience in a procurement role;
• Be experienced in negotiating $millions supply contract with both large and small suppliers, and owning the supplier;
• Worked within a project environment, where delivery milestones and contractual commitments are of key importance;
• Be technically minded, ideally with experience of IT and telecoms equipment and solutions;