A brand new, fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experience procurement professional to join a public sector client of ours based in Stafford on a permanent basis.
Within this role as Procurement Manager, you will sit within a larger team of 10 but have ownership of a specific area of the business which is a fairly recently partnership between two organisations.
You will report directly in to the Head of department who is lovely, very supporting and commercially astute.
Salary on offer = Within a banding of £37-43,000 per annum
Hours of work = 36.5 hour week, Mon-Fri
Initially you would most likely begin the role by working from home but once further restrictions are lifted you will be based out of the offices in Stafford.
The main purpose of this role is to provide commercial support, relating to procurement to Directors and Managers across the business for your area.
• To ensure that your area delivers value for money and manage the expenditure
• Drive the implementation of procurement and purchasing strategy and maximising the benefits.
• Implement operational procedures across the partnership and ensure both are compliant within these
• Analysis for procurement risk strategy
• Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and contracts and inform wider organization of updates
• Ensure all contractors are compliant with the framework
• Lead on contract management meetings
• Support the Head of Department with day-to-day leadership and providing the best service possible
The ideal candidate for this role:
• Must have a wealth of varied procurement or purchasing experience
• Ideally within a public sector setting but the client is open on this point
• Must have a strong character and can work well in a team
• Commercial awareness and negotiation skills is a must
• Initiative to work on your own and bring solutions rather than issues
• Must be customer focused
• Experience of managing projects is a bonus
Therefore if you would like to work for a stable company during an uncertain time, a company that makes a difference and like the sound of the challenge then please apply today.