An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Business partner to join this police force on an interim basis. The post holder will ensure cross functional category strategies are developed in conjunction with all relevant business ares to ensure alignment, deliver value for money and achieve strategic aims of the organisation as well as ensuring the value of the Procurement function.
- Contribute to and deliver the strategic direction for Procurement working with Senior Managers
- Lead and manage a category management approach to deliver best value
- Lead and manage the creation and marketing of Category plan's (including market research / appraisal exercises)
- Lead and project manage a range of sourcing activities in support of the category plan
- Lead on continuous improvement activities
- Understand key commercial drivers and commercial success criteria for procurements undertaken within portfolio
Knowledge & Experience:
- Proven track record of operating in similar EU procurement regulated environments
- Demonstrable experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Proven ability in supporting market testing activities to determine best fit service provision
- Proven ability to lead on tender evaluation activities and processes
- Proven ability to ensure all procurement activity meets legislative requirements through professional knowledge and, where required, liaison with professionally qualified legal advisors
Please note: This role is deemed INSIDE of IR35.